"Empowering young people through Sport"
In September 2010, Bristol Rugby Community Foundation restructured their successful Community Department as a registered charity (reg no 1137395).
Bristol Rugby Community Foundation delivers needs driven, outcome based programming to help young people in Bristol make positive choices in theie life.
We have taken the time to identify exactly what makes rugby union special. We find that a very high percentage of young people are engaged by the combination of old-school values and ethics (such as honesty and integrity) and are positively challenged by the requirement for co-operative teamwork to achieve successful outcomes.
Couple this with the physically inclusive nature of a sport that equally values every body shape and size with the positive use of controlled aggression and you have the beginning of a highly effective engagement tool from which you can deliver a wide variety of attitudinal, behavioural and educational outcomes.
To this end, Bristol Rugby Community Foundation has had the honour of winning seven major national and regional awards since May 2008, they are as follows:
- The EDF Energy All Parliamentary Award for Innovative Programming for the Inferno Programme in 2008
- Avon Fire & Rescue ‘Partnership of the Year’ Award for the Phoenix Project in 2008
- The All Parliamentary Citizenship Award for Innovative Programming for the 10wk version of the Bright Sparks Programme in 2009
- The All Party Parlimentary Citizenship Award for Social Inclusion for the 38wk version of the Bright Sparks Programme in 2010
- The coveted All Party Parliamentary Community Initiative of the Year Award for the 38wk version of the Bright Sparks Programme in 2010
- The All Party Parliamentary MBNA Innovation Award for the 5 Tier Inferno Programme in 2011
- The All Party Parliamentary Social Impact for Bright Sparks in 2012
For more information, please take time to browse through our website or email Ben Breeze (Chief Executive Officer) at email@example.com and get involved with this multi-award winning registered charity.